Thursday, March 28, 2013

What actually are premium hands @pokerstars??

I wanna start talking about those so illusive premium hands. I before thought that QQ was a great starting hand but I have come to notice that in internet poker it is quite worthless at least in MTTs. In MTT tournaments 90% of the time if table has A or K your QQ is done and this is I think due to the fact that A + anything seems very valued at least in microstakes. Also K J and KT are played preflop very very often even after re-raise. I have now come to different way of playing my MTTs. In beginning of the tourney I noticed that middle connectors on cheap flop make your stack skyrocket since so many slowplay their premium hands. I love nothing more than seeing the flop with price of BB with my TJ suited (love that hand btw) and then cracking someones Aces cause they wanted slowplay by limping with AA.

Then I wanna talk about this next picture.
I LOVE AA, not quite true in MTTs. I have tried many ways of playing the AA in MTTs and I noticed slowplay will end your day. So I have started to play them hard and fast so I can avoid situation in next picture.


Cracked Aces. This is painfull thing to experience but I have noticed that more often cracked Aces are due to own bad play. Trying milk everything out of hand by slowplay and getting people to the hand who should not be there. If you have done this (like I have) then look in mirror like I did. I often got mad at people cracking my Aces, but they often only did so cause I allowed them.

Then lets have a little word about AK!!

The Big Slick, or like I love to call it Anna Kournikova (looks great but don´t win without help). How many times I have cursed this hand (I do not know). So often my QQ or JJ gets killed by this hand and so often I can´t kill QQ or JJ with this hand. In online poker I have noticed HUGE difference in winning rate between early tournament and late tournament. In beginning of tournament I started treating this hand with extra care and later I usually play it hard. 

So to sum up my tactic for MTTs. Early I wanna see flops flops flops as long as they are cheap. Also I wanna handle my "premium" hands (whatever those might be) with care, cause early in micro MTTs your aces will get called with absolutely nothing and often by multiple players. Later in tourney I am gonna start taking advantage on peoples joy of getting to the money and let them ship their chips my way.

As you may notice I am very novice about talking poker, so please do not laugh and try understand. I love this game and that is why I want spread converstation about it here and hoping to get tips from you more experienced readers.

See you at the tables

Roslyn


No comments:

Post a Comment